Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Review: Nivea Sun Immediate Sun Protection Collagen Protect SPF 30

♪。+。(☆´I`)」【。゚+.нёllо。゚+.】L(´I`★)。+.。♪

To stay true to my the promise I made to myself today I'm gonna make another post ʕ/ ·ᴥ·ʔ/. At  first I'm gonna update about my crochet project that a made while back but for some reason I lost all the photo that I took and since my nephew took those crochet project to play with I think it is somewhere hiding in the house #LOL (she's 1.5 y.o so I have to be patient). Anyway it's my fault also for not keeping them in a safe place properly. So instead I'm gonna make another review on a sunscreen product that I often use and it's been my favorite so far which is Nivea Sun Immediate Sun Protection Collagen Protect SPF 30.


Nivea Sun has always been my choice for a sunscreen and when their new sunscreen is out that claims it can immediately build a protective shield for UV protection and has Collagen Protect definitely makes me excited since as far as I know, chemical sunscreens take 20-30 minutes to cling onto skin in order to form a protective film that against harmful UV rays.


Description:
Nivea Sun provides immediate protection against the harmful UVA/UVB rays. This lotion is ideal for people who want to go out and enjoy sun. Absorbed quickly. Non greasy, non oily. Immediate protection, no need to wait in the sun for 20 minutes. Advanced collagen protect: Protects the skin's collagen to help prevent wrinkles caused by frequent sun exposure. Water resistant.

How to Use:
Apply generously before sun exposure and reapply frequently, especially after swimming and towelling to maintain the original protection.

Caution:
  • Do not stay too long in the sun, even while using sunscreen.
  • Wear protective clothing and use efficient sunscreen for unprotected areas.


Packaging:
Nives sun comes in a dark blue bottle with an orange flip cap. I kinda like their new curvy bottle because it makes me easier to hold the bottle. Although I don't really like flip top cap I find that Nivea has made their caps more sturdy so it don't breaks easily (I'm a flip top cap ruiner!! щ(ಠ益ಠщ))

Ingredients:
Aqua, Cyclomethicone, Octorylene, Butylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Glycerin, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Methylpropanediol, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyohenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Homosalate, Titanium Dioxide, Alcohol Denat, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Sodium Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, VP/Hexodecene Copolymer, Trimethoxycaprylysilane, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylpataben, Parfum.

Before
After


Texture:
The texture of this lotion is not runny or very thick in consistency. It has an off white color that spreads quite easily on the skin, and gets absorbed into the skin quicker than other sunscreens that I've tried before although I still do feel some stickiness at first. This lotion has a slight scent that fades after sometime and I'm not really bothers by it. It claims to be a moisturizing lotion and I do feel that it is quite moisturizing so one can skip body moisturizer with this. There's slight white residue when I use this lotion so beware since it could stain clothes when sweat a lot. The last thing I notice is there's a slight shimmering effect from this lotion that makes my skin looks glowing although it's only noticeable under bulb lighting.

My Experience:
This lotion has UVA/UVB protection and SPF 30 which is really good, I think SPF 30 is enough because I've read that the difference between SPF 36 and SPF 50 is only 6 minutes. When applied on skin although it felt sticky at first, the stickiness disappear quite fast compare than other sunscreen that I've try before. The lotion claims that it is a waterproof lotion but when I wash my hands after using it, I did see some white residue on my hands. I haven't try it on the beach or the pool though.... One of my favorite thing from this lotion that makes it different from other lotion is that this lotion gives immediate protection without having to wait 20 minutes under the sun. So I can just apply it on the go without having to wait at first. Ohh... FYI I only use this sunscreen strictly on my body and not on the face because I have another sunscreen for that. So... my final verdict for this lotion is that it is a great sunscreen lotion with enough sun protection which can be used by everyone.

Likes:
- Decent SPF.
- Immediate protection.
- Both UVA and UVB protection.
- Water resistant.
- A bit sticky at first but disappears quicker than other sunscreen.
- Moisturizes the skin.

Dislikes:
- Though it claims to be non greasy and non oily, at first it is. Though it absorbs well better than other sunscreen.
- Contains parabens (some might find it bothering).

Repurchase?
Yes!! Until I can find better one...

My OL Shop Pernak Pernik Sekar ^^

2 comments:

  1. Nice review, Sekar
    I never tried nivea body sun block before. I only use their body lotion and cream.
    perhaps I'll try it too since nivea product is pretty easy to find. Btw how much does it cost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank U ^^
      I rarely use body sunblock too except if I have to go into direct sunlight. I forgot how much it cost though, but it's not expensive.

      Delete

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^