Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Recipe: Dakdoritang (Korean Spicy Chicken Stew)

Hello...!!

Did you guys miss me yet? I'm sorry for the lack of pot last month. The Wifi have been cut by the building management so I have to wait for a few weeks because the ISP is changing. But now!! I finally have an Internet connection. YAY!!! So for my first post of the month I'm gonna post a Korean Recipe and at first I didn't know what the recipe is called. I only chat with a Korean friend of mine and I show him a picture of a Spicy Ceker Soup that I made and he said that it looks like a Korean Dish called Dakdoritang and so I googled it and decided to make it but with my own twist on it.


So here's how it looks like. It looks really red but it's actually not that spicy because the gochujang is not that spicy so I add a few cayenne pepper for the ZING!!

Ingredients:
1 kg Chicken (I'm a bit lazy so I just used a frozen spicy chicken wing)
2 big potatoes, cut into big chunk
1 onion, cut into big chunk
4-5 garlic (minced)
4-5 sliced ginger (minced)
5-6 cayenne pepper (optional)

Sauce:
1 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp gochujang (Korean red chilli pepper paste)
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
2 tbsp gochugaru (Chilli Flakes)
Pepper

How to Cook (Using Stove):
  1. 1-1.5 cup of water to a large pot with the chicken and sauce (except sesame oil). Stir well. Bring to boil over high heat and reduce to medium. Cook for about 15 minutes and covered while stir occasionally.
  2. Add potatoes, onion, garlic and cayenne pepper and cooked while covered for about 15 minutes more while stir occasionally.
  3. Cooked for about 10 minutes more until the sauce thickened.
  4. Add sesame oil before turning of the heat.
  5. Stir and served with rice!!


Optional:
You can add carrot on the stew or sprinkle a few scallions on top of the stew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^