Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Food Post: Spagheti Aglio e Olio ala Sekar

(● ̄ω ̄●)ノ Hello!!

Still doing well this Ramadhan? I hope you are. From the title you can probably guess what this is and I know it's Ramadhan and some of you are fasting right now but that doesn't mean I can't post anything food related right?? Considering this is my first post I hope you guys can give me some slack. Anyway... I never considered to post anything food related before but since some of my friends really like this recipe and when I post this pic on Instagram my friends Amz aka Punky Bunny from amz88.blogspot.com asks me to post the recipe so I guess why not!! Just consider this as an alternative menu for break fasting.

So what is Aglio e Olio? Spaghetti Aglio e Olio literally means Spagheti with garlic and oil in Italian. It's a traditional Italian pasta dish that's popular through out the world. This dish sauce is made by lightly sauteing minced or pressed garlic in olive oil, sometimes with the addition of dried chilli flakes. Finely chopped parsley can also be added as a garnish along with some cheese. I personally think it's a great comfort food that's easy to make and definitely satisying!!

Here's the main ingredients:
- Spaghetti (you can change it into other pasta if you like)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic
- Salt
- Pepper

Additional ingredients (Because just pasta, garlic and oil will be boring right?): 
- Onions
- Sausage
- Chilli
- Chicken Stock
- Oregano
- Parsley



Note:
The additional ingredients can be whatever I like depends on what I have at that time. Sometimes I add broccoli, mushroom, minced meat, beef bacon, smoked beef, meatball, corn, tuna, chicken and etc etc. I prefer to use chilli though than dried chilli flakes because I want mine to be spicy!! I use dried oregano and chicken stock to add more flavor but it doesn't have to be added in the pasta. As for dried parsley I use it instead of minced parsley because I don't usually have fresh parsley on my fridge.


Since I'm making it for myself this recipe is for one serving. Just add more ingredient for more portion and don't forgot to taste!! I know some people never taste their cooking even until it's done. To measure portion I use this neat Spaghetti Scale from Line Tool, just take spaghetti and measure it according to the circle. Be careful though because the size of the circle is different in each gadget. As for myself I use iPhone 5 and the scale is perfect for my portion.
 

Step 1:
Cut the sausage. I only use one because I think it's enough. The sausage can be change into other ingredients like chicken, minced meat, smoked beef, broccoli, corn, mushroom, tuna and other stuff.


Step 2:
Dice Onion, Garlic and Chilli
- I use one small onion. Add more onion according to the portion.
- 2 Clove of Garlic. Add more according to the desirable portion.
- 3 Chilli. Add more or less according to your preferences.

  
Ingredients for cooking:
- Salt
- Pepper
- Olive oil
- Oregano
- Dried parsley
- A Block of chicken stock


Step 3:
Boil water and add spaghetti, 2 table spoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook less that 2 or 3 minutes according the instruction because the pasta is going to be cooked again when making the aglio e olio, otherwise it will be overcooked.

Note:
- Olive oil so that the spaghetti won't be sticky.
- Salt and pepper to add taste to the spaghetti.
- Aside about a 1/2 cup of water from cooking spaghetti.


Step 4:
- Heat the pan and add olive oil.
- Add garlic and chilli and cook them until it smells good, beware not to burn the garlic.
- Add onion and cook until it becomes transparent.
- Add sausages.
 


Step 5:
- Add spaghetti, chicken stock and the water from cooking the spaghetti.
- Add oregano.
- Add parsley.
- Add pepper and salt. (This time I didn't add salt on mine because it was already salty. So make sure to taste it first!!)


Step 6:
Enjoy your Spaghetti Aglio e Olio!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi sekar,
    aku si pasta addict,, aglio salah satu nya.. :3 kalo aku suka ditambahin udang ama extra garlic, i love garlic so. hahaha. Jadi ngiler pengen jugaaaa.. >_< aglio tuh khasnya olive oil ama garlic ya. Simple but perfect rasanya.. hihi. maknyuus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alvian,
      Aku juga suka extra garlic dan onion yumm ;9 Lebih suka pake byk sayur sama jamur dibanding daging. Tapi pake apa aja emang enak sih.

      Delete
  2. olive oil yg dpake buat masak tu yg jenis apa y? extra virgin atw yg light?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yang mana aja gag masalah say, mau pake margarin, mentega, minyak goreng biasa atau minyak goreng yang lain seperti coconut oil, grapeseed oil, rice bran oil, sunflower seed oil dll juga gag masalah kok ^^ Tapi yang standar sih ya olive oil (light maupun extra virgin)

      Delete

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^