Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Review: The Skinfood Citron Scalp Care Shampoo and Conditioner

Ola!!

How are you people!! I'm planning on making this post yesterday but unfortunately I had a crazy migraine and had to rest. But since I'm feeling better this morning I'm gonna continue what I had plan yesterday. Soo.... As the title said it's a review on Shampoo and Conditioner that I bought a few months back and because I wash my hair every two or three days it took quite long for me to review these products.

My Hair Problem:
Okay... Before I continue onto the review I'm gonna share you about my hair problem first. Here goes:

1. I have dry hair.
My hair is quite dry so I'm in a desperate need of a hair product that can nourish my hair.
2. I have itchy scalp.
I'm one of those unfortunate people who had itchy scalp!! I don't have dandruff problem though but most anti-dandruff shampoo helps tends the itchiness. On the downside though since I have a dry hair those shampoo made my hair worse so I can't really use them. Gaahhh!!!
3. I have a lion mane hair.
My hair tends to puff up like a lion and even though it does help to make it look that I have a lot of hair I think it gives me more problem. I usually tame them using hair iron but since I have a dry hair I can't do it often either, so I need a products that can help to tame my hair.
4. I had a few frizzy patch.
For some reason I had some frizzy patch on parts of my hair and even though I cut that part already, when my hair gets longer the frizzy patch come back in the exact same spot!!

After a brief overview about my hair condition let's continue onto the review....



Packaging:
These shampoo and conditioner comes in a huge 550ml pump bottle. I kinda like the big citron image on the label, it feels fresh!! Both shampoo and conditioner has a similar design so I have to make sure which one is which before I use them.


The pump dispense a decent amount of products.

citron scalp care shampoo



The citron on the shampoo label had a brighter color than the conditioner.


 Shampoo description:
Citron Scalp Care Shampoo is free of 4 additives (colorings, paraffin, ethanol, benzophenone) and contains Citron extracts marked by its beautiful citrus aroma. The pure fresh lather cleanses your scalp.

*Citron Story: Citron, so popular as to be used for baths for its beauty ingredients, makes your scalp healthy and your hair beautiful.

To Use: Wet your hair and scalp with enough warm water and squirt a moderate amount of shampoo in your palms to massage the lather around the entire scalp and hair using your fingertips before rinsing it off.


Shampoo ingredients:
Water (Solvent), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant / Emulsifier), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant / Antistatic), Lauramide Dea (Surfactant / Antistatic), Tea-Lauryl Sulfate (Surfactant / Emulsifier), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate (Surfactant), Citric Acid (pH Adjusters), Panthenol (Moisturizer), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract (Anti-inflammatory / Antioxidant / Astringent), Citrus Junos Fruit Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Potassium Cocoyl Glycinate (Surfactant / Emollient), Cocamidea (Surfactant / Emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Keratin (Antistatic / Moisturizer), Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone (Preservative), Methylisothiazolinone (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance).
Note: I can't make out the rest.



shampoo texture:
The shampoo has a gel consistency with a nice citrus fragrance. It feels nice and refreshing and not weird like that citrus car fragrance that always makes me dizzy. It doesn't produce much foam which some people might find it weird but I don't have any problem with it since I only wash my scalp anyway.

My experience with the shampoo:
As I mention before I had a lion mane hair and thank God this shampoo doesn't further puff up my hair. So that means less time to tame my hair!! I still have lion mane after I blow it though but at least it isn't worse. I reckon people who want more volume to their hair wouldn't like this shampoo. This shampoo helps a lot with my itchy scalp problem, I don't feel any itchiness at all while using this shampoo!! I usually calms the itchiness with apple cider vinegar rinse but some people don't like the scent of apple cider vinegar #LOL. As for my dry hair, unfortunately this shampoo doesn't really helps with it. My hair still feels dry after a bottle though.

my likes about the shampoo:
- do not aggravate my lion mane hair #LOL
- fresh citrus scent.
- help calms itchy scalp.

my dislikes about the shampoo:
- do not helps with my dry hair problem.

repurchase?
No. I wanted a product that can help nourishes my hair more and as for the itchy scalp I can still use apple cider vinegar rinse even though it has a weird smell.

Citron scalp care Conditioner



The citrus in the conditioner label has a milder color than the shampoo label. The pump on my conditioner is actually broken so it was easy for me to differentiate between the two he he he.


Conditioner description:
A scalp care conditioner that features citron extract with tangy citrus scent. Protects the scalp and leaves hair soft and shiny.

To Use: After shampooing, put a moderate amount in your palms, apply conditioner to the entire hair and thoroughly massage for a couple of minutes before rinsing it out with water.


Conditioner ingredients:
Water (Solvent), Petrolatum (Antistatic / Emollient), Cetyl Alcohol (Surfactant / Emollient), Stearyl Alcohol (Surfactant), Dimethiconol (Emollient), Cetrimonium Chloride (Surfactant / Preservative / Antistatic), Citrus Junos Fruit Extract, Hyroxyethylcellulose, Polyquaternium-10 (Antistatic), Laureth-23 (Surfactant), Laureth-3 (Surfactant / Emulsifier), Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract (Anti-inflammatory / Antioxidant / Astringent), Hydrolyzed Keratin (Antistatic / Moisturizer), Panthenol (Moisturizer), Methylchloroisothiazolinone (Preservative), Methylisothiazolinone (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance).



conditioner texture:
The conditioner has a white color and the texture is a bit thick. I smell a nice citrus fragrance from it too.

My experience with the conditioner :
I expect my hair to become a lot smoother with this conditioner but unfortunately I'm not getting that. Sure it makes my hair smoother to some degree but not as silky smooth as I wanted too. Is it because I have a dry hair?? One another side this conditioner wash easily and didn't left a weird slippery sensation which I like since I think that means there's less product buildup on my hair.

my likes about the conditioner :
- great refreshing citrus scent.
- easy to wash.

my dislikes about the conditioner :
- not nourishing enough for my dry hair.

repurchase?
No. I want a product that nourishes my dry hair.

Who i think would like these shampoo and conditioner?
- People with normal to oily scalp.
- People who wash their hair daily (Guys would like it I think??)

where do i bought them?
I bought these shampoo and conditioner set at Intenscorner.

how much?
IDR 155.000 (USD 15.5) each if my memories right he he he.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^