Thursday, August 1, 2013

Tutorial: DIY Lace Shorts

Apparently a lot of my reader ask mo to post more DIY so today I'm gonna post another DIY to upcycle unused jeans because I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who had a whole lot of unused pair of jeans. There are two jeans that I'm going to upcycle in this post and both of them use laces. Laces are pretty easy to find in any craft store or sewing store and there are a lot of types to choose. Just be creative and have fun!!

DIY Shorts with Lace Ribbon

At first I didn't think to embellish the jeans, I just want to cut the jeans into a shorts.




I cut it longer than my desired shorts length because I wanted to roll up the bottom at first but after try it on it looks kinda boring.


I found my mom's collection of lace ribbon and I think it'll look really nice. I sew the ribbon on the bottom shorts and on the back pocket. But using a fabric glue is actually more convenient.


Here's the detailed look on the lace. I spent 3 hours to sew all of the lace on the shorts.


To give the shorts a distressed looks I cut a really small cuts on the pocket area using a nail clipper but a regular scissors is fine too.


DIY Shorts with Crochet Doily

I use a crochet doily that my mom made a while back and didn't use for this shorts. But it doesn't have to be a crochet doily though, any kind of lace embellishment can be use for this shorts.


So I had this bell bottom jeans with corduroy patch back in 2003 I think and I never used it again. It just stays there on the corner of my closet. 


I cut it into a shorts.


Because mine has corduroy patch on it I only cut the corduroy portion. But if you want to make it like mine just cut it in a triangle shape. This method also give more room for my thigh because sometimes when I buy shorts it's a bit tight in that area.


I add the crochet doily to replace the corduroy patch and sew it. 


I also add festoon stitch on the bottom because I think it'll look cuter ^^.


Voila!! Another shorts that's perfect for summer!!


Hope this post can give some idea to upcycle your Jeans!!

8 comments:

  1. aoooohhhhh lucunyaaaaa, bagus! kreatif hehehhee..boleh tuh djualin :D XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe ada yg mo nyumbangin jeans gag kepakenya??

      Delete
  2. waah kreatif banget!! jadi pengen nyoba bikin yang model pertama hihi~ thanks for the great post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gampang kok tinggal gunting sana sini. Kalau males jahit dilem aja hihi

      Delete
  3. Creativee banget hehehe
    Susah keknya yaaah hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!! jadi one of a kind banget ini.. thanks for sharing the ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^