Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Review: Silkygirl Hi-Definition Waterproof Mascara

Taken from Silkygirl Official Site

Howdy!!
I'm gonna share another review today which is Hi-Definition Waterproof Mascara from Silkygirl, and when you think about HD I don't know something awesome I guess? Something Better?!?!? Well maybe when I'm buying a new TV or LCD. Anyway... The "HD" stuff is not why I'm interested in this mascara, it's the wand. The wand? Yes, the wand!! Its shape is somewhat like Holika Holika Magic Pole Masscara which is my HG mascara. This Silkygirl mascara has a smaller flat bristle and a more fat and roundish bulb like bristle at the top so maybe it will give the same result. 

I mean I do love my Holika Holika but it's a bit expensive for a mascara and I have to buy it online and pre-order it which takes a long time to wait. I do like Maybelline mascara but their product are super hard to clean, every time I try to clean those mascara my lashes fall of and my eyes irritates from rubbing (EVOO help cleans em' out now). So I'm still trying to find a more available substitude.

Enough for the random rambling. Here goes.....


Silkygirl claims that this mascara is a highly-pigmented lightweight mascara that builds longer, thicker and more defined lashes with its Extra-Fiber Extender formulation. It contains Lash Nutrient Complex to strengthen every strand of your lashes from roots to tips. And it’s definitely waterproof. The brush applicator is specially designed for dual action impact. The rounded brush works to lengthen your lashes by 70%*. The straight brush separates and thickens the lashes by 10 times. (Taken from Silkygirl official website)


Left: Holika-Holika Right: Silkygirl
Left: Holika-Holika Right: Silkygirl

See how their bristle are somewhat similar? Both has flat bottom and roundish top, although Holika-Holika has longer bristle than Silkygirl. 

Silky Girl HD Mascara on My Left Eye; Right Eye: None
Yeah... It's my bare face. Don't think too much about it and just focus on my eye lashes. BTW I'm using my newest green contact lens it's called Angel Baby from Diva Lens (*review pending). Anyway on the left eye is where I put the Silkygirl HD Mascara and I don't curl my lashes before since I just don't like to curl my lashes. The right eye is still my original lashes. I also put mascara on the top and bottom lashes for these picture, usually I prefer to put only on top lashes.

Left: Silkygirl Right: Holika-Holika
See how both of my lashes looks pretty much the same?? Although Silkygirl looks a bit better since it's brand new and my Holika-Holika is already a few months old. 

If I only goes indoor both of them have pretty much the same staying power. But if I go indoor and especially out in the sun and get sweaty or even sweat from indoor activity then the Silkygirl mascara transfers to my bottom lashes and yeah there goes the "panda" while the Holika-Holika stays all day long, indoor or outdoor, sweaty or not. When I mean sweaty is a heavy sweating from heavy outdoor activity or working out where you get sweat all over your face. Some people says this stays all day even when working out, but that's not the case for me. Different sweat chemical maybe??

For the waterproof I think both are quite the same, when I wash my face with cold water they still stays the same. What I mean with wash is I just splash water on my face not rubbing it or using soap or anything. The final review is in terms of cleaning these mascara both of them are super easy to clean!! No hard rubbing and no fall lashes. YAY!! 

Oops forget one more thing Silkygirl HD Mascara is only $3.95 (IDR 39.500) while Holike-Holika Magic Pole Mascara is $13 (IDR 130.000). Even though it's cheaper I still have a soft spot for my Holika Holika. 

My review on Holika-Holika Magic Pole Mascara is Here

What I like about Silkygirl HD mascara: 
- sooooo affordable
- longer and fuller lashes
- curl your lashes too
- easy to clean
- waterproof 
- easily available

What I don't like about Silkygirl HD mascara:  
- not sweatproof XD

Repurchase?
yee, if I have a tight budget and can't afford the Holika-Holika. Plus I have to buy Holika-Holika online too!!

Have you try this mascara?
Do you have the same problem with it like me?
 


 
Thank's for coming by... http://www.emocutez.com 
Comments R' Loved...http://www.emocutez.com 
Follow is Even Better... http://www.emocutez.com 
Hugs N' Kisses!! http://www.emocutez.com

6 comments:

  1. hwaaaa.... bagus hasilnyaaaaa... <40Rb pulak!!! ini racun banget!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awet juga loh asal jangan dipake fitness aja hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hasilnya bagus banget!!
    kebetulan lagi liat liat mascara selain maybelline punya.. :D
    mana murah juga..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yang paling aku suka bersihinnya gag berantem dulu

      Delete
  4. aku mau nanya deh itu mba pake apa ya mukanya sekarang bersihan? itu vitacid langsung pake yang 0,5 aja tanpa menyesuaikan ke 0,25 ya? aku soalnya pake 0,25 purging skrg udah lumayan sembuh sih tp kayaknya gak ada perubahan dari si vitacid ini kalau aku naikin ke 0,1 atau 0,5 gimana ya?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aku uda banyak posting soal vitacid dan retinoid diblog kok, mulai dr 0.025 dulu awalnya terus coba naikin ke 0.5 tapi pas coba naikin ke 0.1 ternyata terlalu perih di kulit jadinya tetap bertahan di 0.5. Itu kalau kulit aku ya... Kalau kulit kmu sendiri kan kmu yg lebih tau, entar kalo saranku gag cocok aku lg yg disalahin. Metodeku soal skin care dari dulu hanya trial and error aja.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^