Monday, November 5, 2012

How I Cleanse My Face with OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) and My Current Oil Blend

Taken from oilyskinblog.com

I've been into cleansing my face with OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) lately and some of my friends ask me on how I do this thing. There are actually a lot of blog and website that discuss about this and my method is slightly different from them.

What I'm preparing:
- My oil blend
- Cleansing wipes

You can see that I'm not using washcloth or even hot water to steam my face. I opt not to do this since I live in a tropical country and it is hot and humid pretty much 24/7. So I think I'm gonna step the steaming part. I don't use washcloth either since it's a bother to wash those oil from the washcloth, I prefer to use cleansing wipes to get rid of the oil on my face and so far this version of OCM works really well for me and do not break me out. What also makes me happy is that my skin do not purge either.

My steps are;
  1. I put a decent amount of my oil blend at my palm.
  2. Dab the oil on several parts of my face such as forehead, temple, nose, cheek, chin, and also my neck. These oil is also pretty gentle on my eye area and cleanse stubborn eyeliner and mascara pretty well too!!
  3. I usually start cleansing my eye area first from the make-up, eyeliner, and mascara with the oil.
  4. After that I started to massage my face gently in a circular motion and focus on my problem area. For me, my problem area is my T-Zone. Oh.. and I also use this oil blend to clean my lips from lipstick
  5. I massage my face and neck for a several minutes usually around 3-5 minutes. If my face feels tight it means that I've been massaging my face for too long.
  6. After massaging I wipe my face with cleansing wipes starting from the eye area first to get rid of those make-up and make sure that I don't have eyeliner or mascara residue on my eye and continue to cleanse my other facial and neck area.
  7. If I've been wearing full make-up or have been going out all day I usually continue to do more cleansing with cleansing cream and facial wash. But sometimes I skip this step if I'm a bit lazy he he he....
  8. After I cleanse my face I ended it with my usual skin care routine such as serum, emulsion, night cream, and sleeping pack.
Before

It's not my face... It's the oil!!

Wipe those oil

Clean and glowing skin

Note:
Sometimes after I massage my face I added some refined sugar or baking soda if wanted more exfoliation. But after that I usually wash my face with water to get rid of the baking soda and water and after that I use cleansing wipes.

Here's My Current Oil Blend

Before I only use EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) to do OCM, but it is pretty hard to wipe this oil from my face. Since I use both EVOO and Rice Bran oil for cooking I think it will be good that I mix this oil from my cleansing oil blend.


The EVOO that I use currently is Filippo Berio EVOO that I bough from Carrefour. The reason I bough this is simply because it's in discounted price, although I forgot how much it was.


The rice bran oil that I use is Oryza Rice Bran Oil that I bought from Superindo. The reason I bough this oil is because I wanted to cook with other oil beside EVOO and I don't want to use palm oil. For some reason if I eat a lot of food that's cooked with palm oil I tends to break out.


The combination that I use is 1 part of Rice Bran Oil.


Mix with 1 part of EVOO and sometimes I add around 10 drops of Tea Tree Oil.


Combine the stuff in this cute pump bottle and voila!! My very own blend of cleansing oil. 

I don't like to make the oil in a large batch since I'm still experimenting will the ratio and I've been thinking of buying Grape Seed Oil since the Rice Bran Oil is running out.

Here's my swatches in this cleansing oil.


I'm too lazy to make several swatches so I put all of the products in my hand wherever I can put them XP.


Massage the oil into it and it all gone. Even the most stubborn mascara and long wearing lipstick that you have to remove with special make-up remover.


After I wipe it off with cleansing wipes all of the are gone. But if I wear them in my face I usually do double cleansing with facial wash.

Do you practice OCM?
What oil did you use?
Do you have favorite oil?

Thank's for coming by... http://www.emocutez.com 
Comments R' Loved...http://www.emocutez.com 
Follow me If U Like... http://www.emocutez.com 
Hugs N' Kisses!! http://www.emocutez.com

12 comments:

  1. itu kamu pake tissue basah nya merk apa?
    ini sebenernya mirip sama kalo pake cleansing oil yang dijual di pasaran gitu kan yah?
    kan aku pake foundie ampir tiap hari ya hehe kalo misalkan si OCM method (tapi pake washlap bukan tissue basah) terus lanjut cuci muka pake oatmeal bisa bersih gak ya?
    hehe maaf ya rempong banyak nanya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. merk apa aja sih kalo tissue basah aku gag pilih2. Kalo di post ini aku nulisnya kalo pake make-up seharian aku lanjutin lagi pake cleansing cream dan facial wash. Lagian bukannya oatmeal buat exfoliate ya? CMIIW

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm tergantung oatmeal nya pake merk apa sih tapi kebanyakan kaya merk quaker gitu gak akan bisa buat eksfoliasi karna terlalu lembut pas udah kena air jadi ya cuma sebagai facial wash aja kalo aku sih makanya nanya apa si oatmeal ini bisa keseluruhan ilangin minyak yang pasti bakal lengket banget akhirannya abis OCM-an tanpa bener2 dibersihin (secara minyak semua)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kmu dah lebi ahli gitu kok... Soalnya aku belum pernah bersihin muka pake oatmeal, cuma buat masker aja dulunya. Jadi aku gag bisa bilang. Kalau di aku sendiri kadang habis cleansing wipes trus cuci muka. Sedikit sisa minyaknya bisa berfungsi sbg pelembab dan gag jerawatan tuh. Tapi itu di aku loh ya...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh jadi dikamu gak berasa lengket gitu yah kalo cuma bersihin pake cleansing wipes.. okeoke :) next time mau coba OCM-an juga mau lebih natural soalnya. makasiii

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waktu cuma pake EVOO doank rada lengket emang, tapi setelah dikombinasi sama Rice Bran Oil jadi gag begitu lengket. Sabtu kemarin baru beli Grape Seed Oil mau coba kukombinasi lagi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beli minyak sekunder itu dmn ya sis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minyak sekunder itu bukan nama minyaknya say, tapi maksudnya campuran minyak kedua dari campuran OCM.
      Misalnya minyak primernya itu Castor Oil, jadi minyak sekundernya itu bisa EVOO, Rice Bran Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil etc...
      Castor Oil beli toko2 yg menjual produk2 natural kalau untuk campurannya (EVOO, RBO, Grape Seed, Sunflower etc) bisa dibeli di Supermarket besar seperti Superindo, Carrefour, Giant, Hypermart, Ranch Market, Hero etc.

      Delete
  8. beli castor oil dimana ya mbak kira2?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aku dulu belinya via seller di kaskus lupa tepatnya siapa

      Delete
  9. ocm paling bgus pake morrocan argan oil. kinclong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mahal cyinnn OCM pakai Argan...
      Buat face oil ajah he he he

      Delete

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^