Saturday, November 24, 2012

Review: NYX Round Lipstick in Paris and Vitamin Shade

Good morning....

The weather is kinda nice right now in Jogjakarta but lately it always gets worst around afternoon. It rains heavily and followed with lightnings and thunders which scares the hell out of me. 

So... Today I'm gonna do a review on two lipstick that I purchased a few months ago. I seldom do a review on a lipstick because aside from these two lipsticks that I bought recently, I only has one lipstick from Caring Color and it was a freebie too.... #LOL I prefer to put on lipgloss (only one too... >.<), lip balm, or lip tint on my daily make up.

I bought the lipstick online for $3.3 (IDR 33.000) but I've seen their new counter at Ambarrukmo Plaza lately so that means NYX is already available in Indonesia. I haven't check the price at the counter though but I reckon it will be more expensive. There are two shades that I bought: Paris and Vitamin.


NYX Round Lipstick Paris

Photobucket

I bought this shade because I think it has a nice matte color and when I see the swatch it looks pretty too. The packaging looks nice and neat in black color with a NYX logo on the side. What I also like from the packaging is that you can see the color at the bottom so you don't have to open it too see the color.

Photobucket

The shade is written on the top cap with the number and weight/volume.

Photobucket

The ingredients list is also written on the packaging.

IMG_4671_zps37292804

Like any regular lipstick you open the top cap and twist the lipstick, don't forget to twist it back inside though. I did it once on my old lipstick so I have to depotted it, I hate depotting lipstick because I tend to loose it. #errrr

Photobucket

Here's the swatch on my hand, as you can see the Paris shade is really pigmented and pretty. I only swatch it once on my hand. But what about on my lips??


The Paris shade comes out really well on my lips and it stays pretty much long too.. It stays more than 5 hours even after I eat or drinks. The problems are:
- The color transfer from my lips to anything it touches like straw, spoon, mug, glass, etc.
- The lipstick melts a bit if the weather is hot so if you live in tropical country like Indonesia do not leave the lipstick in your car or any room with warm temperature. I notice this when I leave it at my aunt room in Jakarta (the room has a lot off glass windows so it's gonna be super hot without curtains or AC), when I want to apply to lipstick on my lips I feel it very slippery and the lipstick snap out of its place. Thankfully it can be repaired by putting it in a freezer to make the lipstick stays back in its place.

NYX Round Lipstick Vitamin


Photobucket




I don't have to explains about the packaging right?? Since it's pretty much the same. At first I thought the Vitamin shade has a matte finish but it actually has a shimmer finish. Although I prefer matte finish but when I swatch it on my hands the color look pretty. It has orange-ish shade which I really like. I only swatch it around two times on my hands and it looks pigmented too, but how about on my lips ey??


I really don't like how this shade is on my lips!! The color doesn't come out and even after 4 swatch it just looks so so and not pretty. My face looks pale too like I'm sick or something. So the Vitamin shade is definitely not my favorite shade and I'm thinking of using it as a cream eye shadow or cream blusher since it looks pretty when I swatch it on my hands. I'm gonna post the picture on my lips and eye later when I try it.

What I like:
- affordable (cheaper online)
- long staying
- available at local counter

What I don't like:
- it transfer to anything your lips touches (based on my experience with the Paris shade though)
- it melts a bit when the temperature is warmer

Repurchase?
Although I'm no loving the Vitamin shade but I love the Paris!!! Maybe the matte finish of this lipstick is better on my lips so I'm gonna try another shade. So yess!! Repurchase in different matte colors!!

Where I got mine?
I bought these lipsticks from Rie Butik
 

7 comments:

  1. sekar,aku mention kamu di post terbaru aku yaa :D



    hazelsbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raisa Angelin (mimoyoja)November 24, 2012 at 3:42 PM

    entah kenapa aku agak kurang suka sama nyx ini, soalnya pas beli yg warna nude, dipake ke bibir kayak ga bisa ngeblend dan fine lines nampak jelas banget jadinya jelek deh pokoknya, udah nude+gak ngeblend pula uh mending sari ayu sekalian >,<
    tapi kalo liat2 warna2 lain jadi trenyuh juga, tergoda soalnya warnanya banyakkk dan lucu2.. next mau nyoba warna2 gonjreng aja sekalian siapa tau lebih bagus. naksir 'vitamin'nya kkkk
    bener! mudah lumer ini lipsticknya ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, i've nominated you with an award, check it out here http://beatrixdilla.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee malah naksir yg vitamin hihi.. he'eh mudah lumer lipsticknya, jadi aku pakenya sedikit aja trus diratain. Kalo enggak nempel kemana2

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^