Monday, November 12, 2012

Review: The Skinfood Deep Sea Water Multi Gel (Brightening)

IMG_4351

Hello... Today I'm gonna do a review about a product that I've been using for about 2 months now, it's The Skinfood Deep Sea Water Multi Gel (Brightening). When I first hear about this product I kinda curious since it's in a 300 ml bottle, very big right?? Kinda like mineral water bottle if I may say so. I got it for $16.5 (IDR 165.000) if I'm not wrong since it's been a few months already and I bought it at Intenscorner.


It has some explanation in Korean at the back label but when you peel it there's an English explanation beneath.





Description:
A deep sea water-infused lightweight moisturizer gel that helps purify and brighten skin. Also can be used as facial gel, overnight mask, and body gel.

Deep Sea Water Story: Pure deep sea water is naturally cool and enriched with a myriad of minerals.

Application Tips:
Face: After Multi-Water Toner application, apply an even layer to face. For severely dry skin, apply a thick layer to face before bed and leave in overnight.
Body: Apply liberally to irritated or dry skin and massage until the gel is completely absorbed.

Ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Sea Water, Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Dimethicone, Betaine, Diethoxyethyl, Succinate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, PEG-10 Glyceryl Diisostearate, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Maackia Fauriei Stem Extract, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Disodium EDTA, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's in a twist cap plastic bottle and has a plastic plug on the inside. I prefer a twist cap light this than a flip top because it's more sturdy. The bottle opening is pretty big and since it's a gel type moisturizer you have to be careful not to let out the product to much. I've experienced this when I first open it, but luckily since this product is versatile I can put it in my body area too.

Photobucket

See.. I just lean the bottle a bit and the product come out like flood!! Anyway it has a light blue milky color with a light fragrance. I'm bad at describing scent but I kinda like the smell, not too strong and just pleasantly enough.


It absorbs quickly without leaving a sticky feeling which is great. Because sometimes when go out in a hurry and don't have the time to wait for moisturizer to absorbs I have to put sunblock right away and it gets flaky.. Geehhh very ugly...

As I mentioned before I use this multi gel for about two months now. I mostly use it as day moisturizer and when I let the product out too much I apply it at my dry areas like my knees and elbows. Although I sometimes use it as sleeping mask too. You know how I love sleeping mask right!! 

This multi gel contains witch hazel extract, so that means this is good for my acne-prone skin and I don't have any breakout at all when I'm using this multi gel. When I use it on my dry are I have to massage it properly until it absorbs to get the full benefit and it do wonders too, only when I use it at my dry heel it doesn't do much. 

As a sleeping mask this multi gel is also great, I use it at the last step of my skin care routine and use it liberally at my face. When I wake up in the morning my face feels fresh and not oily too since I usually wake up with my face feeling like an oil tank.

Lastly for the brightening effect. You know I always confuse between brightening, lightening, and whitening effect of a product, it's super confusing. I don't want to be more white or anything, I'm not aiming that when I bought those brightening/lightening/whitening products. I just want my skin to be more even and reduce blemish marks pigmentation. Anyway since I use this products I don't notice that my face is getting whiter or diminishing blemish marks, the only thing that I notice is my face looks fresh, more awake, and not dull. I guess the brightening means to brighten a dull face maybe?? Usually when I just wake up my friends will notice that I just wake up, but since I use this they didn't notice it!! YAYY!!

Pros:
- Very versatile, you can use it on face and body.
- Quick to absorb.
- Helps with acne (it contains witch hazel extract).
- Makes your face looks fresh, more awake and not dull.
- Affordable

Cons:
- I don't know if it's available at local The Skinfood counter.
- People who want whitening effect might not like this.

Repurchase:
Maybe, but now I want a product that can help with my blemish marks.

Thank's for coming by... http://www.emocutez.com 
Comments R' Loved...http://www.emocutez.com 
Follow me If U Like... http://www.emocutez.com 
Hugs N' Kisses!! http://www.emocutez.com

2 comments:

  1. whoaaa, is there any smaller size of this? I think this would be perfect for Chizu Saeki method since my favorite lotion by Etude House is already discontinued :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really know if there's a smaller size for this and yeah I'm using it for CSM too!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^