Monday, August 27, 2012

My Favorite Hairstyle: Odango Bun


My hair has gotten pretty long and it's getting really hot but I still don't wanna cut my hair since it has taken me a year to grow my hair this long. Since it's pretty much summer all the time in Indonesia,I got to find some alternatives in hair style besides pony tail and off course in case I have a bad hair day. My hair is pretty fluffy and sometimes I woke up with hair like lion mane but I hate using straight iron or hair dryer to tame my mane since it will damage my hair and it took a long time to tame those bad bad hair.

 
Here's what my hair usually look like everyday when I'm not doing anything to tame its wildness ha ha!!

Odango Hair Style:

Odango is a type of Japanese dumplings but in this case it means bun. I usually do a top high bun or side high bun. Usually the bigger the better but I did my bun depending on my mood and time to make it. If your hair is not much there are also a lot of tools and tricks in making this bun.


The bun is pretty small and don't show really well in this picture since I only wrap my hair around and don't tease it and using any hair bun tool.


Here's the close up look of the bun, at first it took me a long time just to make this bun. But now I can use one hairband to make this small bun.


Side buns look really cute too!! When my bangs gets too long and annoying I tied it back or braid it, but use a cute hair clip works fine too. When I don't use glasses I also like to wear headband with this hair style.


If you want to keep it simple just put on a cute hair tie around your bun.

Below are some video tutorial on making this hair bun, it's mostly high bun but the steps for doing side bun are the same.

- Using Odango Bun Maker


I bought mine on sasa.com but I've seen it in Stroberi too...

- Using Hair Scrunchy

I bought my hair scrunchy at Centro Ambarrukmo Plaza.

- Using Faux Hairtie


I bought my faux hairtie at Matahari Dept Store, but I can't find my faux hairtie so sorry no picture for it. But you'll know from the video.

- Using Hair Bun Maker



I bought mine at Stroberi.

- Using Sock Bun.. Yes it's from sock!!




I made mine from old sock. Don't forget to wash it before you make it into a sockbun!!


Thank's for coming by... http://www.emocutez.com 
Comments R' Loved...http://www.emocutez.com 
Follow is Even Better... http://www.emocutez.com 
Hugs N' Kisses!! http://www.emocutez.com

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. kalo panas atau bad hair day dibuat gini tahan berhari-hari hihihi

      Delete
  2. hi there! hope u could join on my giveaway! heres thehttp://poptartselle.blogspot.com/2012/08/join-my-international-giveaway-from.html link:

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice! video yg di pilih juga gampang di ikutin..

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank u... iya donk cari yang gampang supaya yang baca bisa keracunan style ini hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Model rambut andalan kalau lagi bad hair day ini

      Delete

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^